Archive

Archive for October 26th, 2019

Trump to make ‘major statement’ Sunday morning – CTV News

October 26th, 2019

TORONTO — U.S. President Donald Trump will make a “major statement” Sunday morning, but the White House remains tight-lipped about what the president will discuss in the unusual last-minute announcement.

Trump teased the event late Saturday night in a cryptic tweet.

“Something very big has just happened!” Trump tweeted.

Trump will make the announcement at 9 a.m. at the White House, spokesman Hogan Gidley confirmed following the tweet.

In recent weeks, Trump has faced mounting pressure amid the impeachment inquiry and questions about why he pulled U.S. troops out of Syria.

On Saturday, Democrats met for a rare weekend sitting as the impeachment inquiry moved ahead full force.

The impeachment inquiry is tied to a July 25 phone call that Trump made to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy in which Trump asked the Ukranian leader to pursue investigations into his political foe and Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden.

Trump has called the impeachment inquiry a “sham” and repeatedly said he never offered Ukraine anything in return for the investigations he sought. However, witness testimony has contradicted that claim.

With files from The Associated Press

Android, Apache, bioinformatics, bitcoin mining, computers, Employment, ethereum mining, Linux, Marketing, Microsoft, skype, smartphone, software, tablet, TV, Video, visualizations

US special ops ‘kill ISIS terror boss Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in top secret raid in Syria’ – The Sun

October 26th, 2019

US special forces have successfully carried out a top secret raid to kill ISIS terror boss Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, it was reported this morning.

Senior Pentagon and Army officials have confirmed to a US magazine that a targeted attack has killed al-Baghdadi – in hiding since 2017.

 Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, who has been in hiding since the fall of the ISIS 'Caliphate', has reportedly been killed in a US special ops raid

7

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, who has been in hiding since the fall of the ISIS ‘Caliphate’, has reportedly been killed in a US special ops raidCredit: AFP or licensors
 Donald Trump will make a major statement from the White House on Sunday

7

Donald Trump will make a major statement from the White House on SundayCredit: AP:Associated Press
 President Trump said this morning: 'Something very big has happened'

7

President Trump said this morning: ‘Something very big has happened’

And the Defense Department told the White House they have “high confidence” the high-value target killed was him, Newsweek reports.

CIA spies assisted in tracking the ISIS leader to the Islamist bastion of Idlib in northwest Syria, a senior defence official told CNN.

And a US official told Reuters an operation against al-Baghdadi had taken place – although they didn’t say whether it was successful.

Elite troops from 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta – known as Delta Force – reportedly carried out the strike.

If confirmed, it would be the most high profile targeted US military strike since the dramatic killing of Osama Bin Laden in Pakistan in 2011.

Details of the apparent plan – signed off by President Trump last week – emerged as US military helicopters were reportedly seen near Idlib.

Something very big has just happened!

President Donald Trump

Appearing to hint at the alleged successful operation, President Trump tweeted this morning: “Something very big has just happened!”

The White House announced later that the president will make a “major statement” on Sunday at 9:00am (1pm GMT).

Rumours of al-Baghdadi’s whereabouts have circulated since the destruction of his so-called Caliphate in Iraq and Syria two years ago.

The Iraqi-born cleric had led the sick terror group since 2010 and guided it in its path of bloody conquest across the region in 2014.

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT

The president was expected to make Sunday’s statement in the White House Diplomatic Reception Room.

He has used the room to make a number of major announcements in the past.

Just last week he used the same room to announce that a ceasefire between Turkey and the Kurds had taken hold.

Al-Baghdadi’s death would be a major victory for the US – which has been slammed internationally in recent weeks for departing Syria.

At home, Trump has personally faced withering criticism from both Republicans and Democrats alike for the withdrawal of US troops.

His decision allowed Turkey to attack America’s Kurdish allies – and Russia has since swept in to fill the power vacuum left by the US.

Trump has also been frustrated by the Democratic-led impeachment inquiry, which he calls an illegitimate witch hunt.

On 16 September, Islamic State’s media network issued a 30-minute audio message allegedly from al-Baghdadi.

In the clip, he said operations were taking place daily and called on supporters to free jihadi women jailed in camps in Iraq and Syria.

Al-Baghdadi also said the United States and its proxies had been defeated in Iraq and Afghanistan.

At the height of its power Islamic State ruled over millions of people in territory running from northern Syria through towns and villages along the Tigris and Euphrates valleys to the outskirts of the Iraqi capital Baghdad.

 Video posted on a militant website April 29, 2019, shows al-Baghdadi at a secret location with a weapon by his side

7

Video posted on a militant website April 29, 2019, shows al-Baghdadi at a secret location with a weapon by his sideCredit: AP:Associated Press
 US President Barack Obama, second from left, and Vice President Joe Biden, left, along with members of the national security team, during the mission against Osama Bin Laden in the Situation Room of the White House on May 1, 2011

7

US President Barack Obama, second from left, and Vice President Joe Biden, left, along with members of the national security team, during the mission against Osama Bin Laden in the Situation Room of the White House on May 1, 2011Credit: Reuters
 Osama Bin Laden was the last terror target of such significance taken out by the US military

7

Osama Bin Laden was the last terror target of such significance taken out by the US militaryCredit: Reuters
 The compound in Pakistan where Navy SEAL forces raided and killed Osama Bin Laden in 2011

7

The compound in Pakistan where Navy SEAL forces raided and killed Osama Bin Laden in 2011Credit: EPA
ISIS chief Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi attacks Trump and calls for jihad bloodshed in West days after reports he was ‘brain dead’

More to follow…

For the latest news on this story keep checking back at Sun Online.

Thesun.co.uk is your go to destination for the best celebrity news, football news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video.

Download our fantastic, new and improved free App for the best ever Sun Online experience. For iPhone click here, for Android click here

Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thesun and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSun.

Android, Apache, bioinformatics, bitcoin mining, computers, Employment, ethereum mining, Linux, Marketing, Microsoft, skype, smartphone, software, tablet, TV, Video, visualizations

Apple warns iPhone 5 owners to update if they want to stay online – Engadget

October 26th, 2019

COUPLE DEAD: Man and woman found mortally injured at Midtown condo – Toronto Sun

October 26th, 2019

A man and a woman are dead in a mysterious incident that unfolded at a Midtown apartment building Saturday afternoon.

Emergency responders found the couple covered in blood just after 1 p.m.

“Both were discovered with obvious signs of trauma and taken by emergency run to a trauma centre,” Toronto Police Const. Allyson Douglas-Cook said Saturday.

One of the patients at the rental building at 144 Davisville Ave., east of Yonge St., was found with no vital signs and life-saving measures were utilized.

The second person was in critical condition.


A critically injured man and woman were rushed to hospital and later died after being found suffering from obvious signs of trauma at 141 Davisville Ave. on Saturday, Oct. 26, 2019. (Ernest Doroszuk/Toronto Sun/Postmedia Network)

At one point during an emergency run to hospital, an ambulance was halted while paramedics retrieved special equipment from a supervisor’s vehicle.

Exactly what led to the pair’s devastating injuries was not immediately known.

“Police are investigating,” said Douglas-Cook.

Cops were slow to call it a homicide or put any label on it.

Detectives from 53 Division and Homicide investigators were discussing the case Saturday evening and may wait until forensics are completed to make a determination.

They are taking their time partially to ensure the scene inside that apartment was in fact what it appeared to be.

Police have been criticized before for rushing to judgement — specifically on the day almost two years ago when Honey and Barry Sherman were found dead in their North York home.

However, the situation at the Midtown condo is also complicated and police are doing their due diligence to ensure the appropriate team investigates the tragic deaths.

jwarmington@postmedia.com

Android, Apache, bioinformatics, bitcoin mining, computers, Employment, ethereum mining, Linux, Marketing, Microsoft, skype, smartphone, software, tablet, TV, Video, visualizations

Halsey and Evan Peters Couple Up at the AHS 100th Episode Event – E! NEWS

October 26th, 2019
Evan Peters, Halsey, American Horror Story 100th Episode Celebration

Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty Images

Spot on!

Halsey and Evan Peters are making their romance red carpet official, after attending the AHS 100th Episode Celebration on Saturday night. Making their outing even more fun, the two certainly got into the Halloween spirit and donned a couple’s costume for the fanciful affair. 

The dynamic duo dressed as none other than Sonny and Cher. Name a more iconic couple… we’ll wait. 

However, the 25-year-old singer and American Horror Story actor didn’t just wear any Sonny and Cher ensemble. They totally stole the show at the star-studded event wearing a rainbow-colored polka dot get-up.

It was spot on.

For the special occasion, Halsey slipped into an asymmetrical dress that hugged her curves and showed off her tattoos. She also threw on dramatic false lashes and a long, straight black wig. The 32-year-old actor also went all out for his costume and rocked a matching polka dot blouse with a beige-colored suit.

He went the extra mile and even rocked a shaggy black wig and long mustache that matched the late singer’s.

And while Halsey and Evan have yet to talk about their romance publicly, they didn’t mind showing some PDA for the night-time affair. According to an insider, the dynamic duo “have been attached to each other all night.”

Halsey, Evan Peters

NEMO/ CPR/ D. SANCHEZ / BACKGRID

“They have been holding hands and kissing throughout the night,” the eyewitness shared, adding, “Halsey had her arms around Evan’s neck and was looking up into his eyes, while he had his hand on around her waist.”

They also were seen walking hand-in-hand on Friday night, after leaving the “Nightmare” singer’s Almost Famous Halloween party. They also decided to wear coordinating costumes for the fun-filled bash.

The duo dressed as Juggalos, which is the nickname for fans of the hip-hop group Insane Clown Posse. “resident goths,” Halsey captioned her Instagram post, where she posed with the AHS actor.

While the two have started to go more public with their brooding romance, they first fueled relationship rumors earlier this month. “Halsey has always been a huge fan of Evan’s,” a source told E! News at the time. “A friend connected them and they had also been chatting over social media before deciding to hang out. It’s still very new, but they are both interested in dating each other and hanging out.”

The two both got out of long-term relationships this year, so it makes sense that they have yet to address their blossoming romance.

Don’t miss E! News every weeknight at 7, only on E!

Uncategorized

Updated Playoff Scenarios: How the West can be won – CFL.ca

October 26th, 2019

TORONTO — The Saskatchewan Roughriders are in the driver’s seat as we head into the final week of regular season play in the CFL.  The Stamps, Riders and Bombers will all let Week 21 speak for their playoff seeding.

Winnipeg will sit and watch on the bye week as Calgary and Saskatchewan try to cement their spot in the division.

With a win over the Eskimos next Saturday, the Roughriders can secure first place in the West and will await the winner of the other two Western foes.  Calgary still has a shot at the division crown should they beat BC and the Riders lose to Edmonton.  The Bombers would need both the Stamps and the Riders to lose in order to secure a home playoff date.


RELATED
Full 2019 Standings | 2019 Crossover Standings | 2019 Game Schedule


Week 20 playoff scenarios:

WEST DIVISION

  • Saskatchewan win  = Saskatchewan finishes in first place and hosts Western Final.
  • Calgary win + Saskatchewan loss = Calgary finishes in first place and hosts Western Final.  Saskatchewan will host Winnipeg in Western Semi-Final.
  • Calgary loss = Winnipeg will finish in second place and host Calgary in the Western Semi-Final
  • Saskatchewan win AND Calgary win = Saskatchewan finishes in first place and hosts Western Final.  Calgary will host Winnipeg in Western Semi-Final.
  • Calgary loss AND Saskatchewan loss = Saskatchewan finishes in first place and hosts Western Final.  Calgary will host Winnipeg in Western Semi-Final.

EAST DIVISION

  • The East Division playoffs have been decided as the Edmonton Eskimos will crossover to face Montreal for the right to play the Hamilton Tiger-Cats

If the playoffs started today (October 26):

Western Semi-Final: Calgary at Winnipeg
Western Final: TBD at Saskatchewan

Eastern Semi-Final: Edmonton at Montreal
Eastern Final: TBD at Hamilton

Out of the playoffs: BC, Toronto, Ottawa

Who has clinched a playoff spot:

  • Hamilton Tiger-Cats
  • Montreal Alouettes
  • Calgary Stampeders
  • Saskatchewan Roughriders
  • Winnipeg Blue Bombers
  • Edmonton Eskimos

Who has clinched a home playoff date:

  • Hamilton Tiger-Cats (clinched Division)
  • Montreal Alouettes
  • Saskatchewan

Android, Apache, bioinformatics, bitcoin mining, computers, Employment, ethereum mining, Linux, Marketing, Microsoft, skype, smartphone, software, tablet, TV, Video, visualizations

BlackBerry Hub+ apps get feature that BlackBerry phones can’t use – PhoneArena

October 26th, 2019

Samsung space satellite lands in Gratiot County – Detroit Free Press

October 26th, 2019

At least 2 cases of Legionnaires’ disease confirmed in recent Mount Carmel East patients – 10TV

October 26th, 2019

COLUMBUS, Ohio — At least two cases of Legionnaires’ disease have been confirmed in individuals who recently received treatment at Mount Carmel East, according to a spokesperson for Mount Carmel Health System.

Mount Carmel released a statement Saturday night in regard to the “possible healthcare-associated” cases.

Mount Carmel says it is partnering with Columbus Public Health, the Ohio Department of Health and the CDC to identify the source of the bacteria.

Advertisement – Story continues below

“We’ve taken several steps to protect our patients, staff and visitors, including implementing extensive water restrictions throughout the hospital. We are running additional tests on water sources throughout the hospital and our entire water supply is undergoing hyperchlorination,” Mount Carmel said in a statement.

“We’re confident that we can safely maintain full services of the hospital while we study this situation.”

The hospital says while the risk of developing the disease is low for most, individuals with chronic underlying conditions are at increased risk. Anyone who has been hospitalized and develops cough, muscle aches, headaches, fever, shortness of breath should contact their primary care physician.

“As always, the safety of our patients is our top priority. We will continue testing the water over the next few weeks in coordination with CPH, ODH and CDC,” Mount Carmel said.

In April, Mount Carmel Grove City admitted one patient diagnosed with Legionnaires’ disease. An investigation by Franklin County Public Health confirmed 16 cases of the disease.

The Legionella bacteria was also found at Mount Carmel College of Nursing.

One person died after being diagnosed with the disease at the Grove City branch.

Uncategorized

Selena Gomez Confirms She’s Been ‘Super, Super Single For Two Years’ Since Justin Bieber Break-Up – Hollybaby

October 26th, 2019

Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber called it quits for good in March 2018 — but she’s open to love again!

Selena Gomez, 27, is confirming she’s single and ready to mingle! “I’ve been super, super single for two years and I want to know what the love will look like next for me,” the singer spilled on the Zach Sang Show Oct. 25. The two-year timeline pretty much adds up with when she last split with Justin Bieber, 25, in March 2018. “But I never want to lose the sense of love that I imagine it to be. I don’t want to get jaded or bitter from anything. I believe that it exists and I’m happy waiting for that for however long that takes because we’re gonna be like doing this forever. It’s just going to keep happening until we’re out.” The pair had a tumultuous on-again, off-again relationship dating back to 2010, which is seemingly the inspiration behind her fire singles “Lose You To Love Me” and “Look At Her Now.”

The former Wizards of Waverly Place star didn’t shy away from opening up about her experience about love, and wants other young women to relate to her experience. “You’re in a phase of life where you experience love for the first time and I think that can just be just a little toxic,” Selena continued, without naming any names. “You have this codependency that you think is love and then you have this addiction to the passion and the frustration with each other that you think, ‘Oh, that’s love,’ or fighting or doing all this stuff, ‘Oh that’s love,’ and I believed that for a long time.”

Selena has previously written about her relationship with The Bieb, and confirmed that her defiant 2014 single “The Heart Wants What It Wants” was indeed about their romance. Right before getting back together with Justin for a final try at romance in Oct. 2017, Selena dated The Weeknd, 29, for nearly a year and even attended the Met Gala with him.

[embedded content]

When it comes to her next relationship, though, Selena is more than certain about what she wants. “I want it to be real and I don’t want it to be codependent or messy or lack of communication,” she continued. “I think you know when you get older, you find people that are actually right for you, that are actually on the same wavelength.” Selena, who revealed she wrote “Lose You To Love Me” over a year ago, unmistakably references her last break-up with Justin. “In two months, you replaced us,” she sings in the moody track — which fits right in with the timeline of Jelena’s March 2018 break-up and Justin re-uniting with his now-wife Hailey Baldwin, 22, in June 2018.

“I just think I would do so many things differently and I think it starts with just being very transparent,” Selena also said. “I don’t have room to kind of buffer things that I need or that I want and I think girls can sometimes be scared of that because what we’re viewed as — crazy or needy or overthinking things and dramatic — and I understand sometimes, but I love being a girl and I love having the emotions I have and falling super deep and then being passionate. It’s just about containing it. It’s just channeling it in the right areas.”

Uncategorized